When you need just a little more time to heal
When you’re recovering from an illness or injury, you may hit a point at which you don’t quite need to be a regular hospital patient, yet you are not quite ready to fend for yourself at home, either. That is when you need Transitional Care. You may also hear this referred to as Swing Bed Care.
Transitional Care at Memorial Hospital is a patient-centered, high quality program for hospitalized patients recovering from illness or surgery who may no longer need to be in a traditional hospital setting but are not yet ready to go home.
Memorial Hospital Transitional Care supports patients recovering from an acute illness or surgery who no longer require acute hospital care but are not yet ready to go home.
We will work closely with your discharging acute care hospital to ensure a safe transition to our Transitional Care Program. We provide you with the highest quality care close to home.
TRANSITIONAL CARE (Swing Bed) AT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL IS THE BEST PLACE TO RECOVER BECAUSE WE OFFER:
- Care team rounds with you and your family at your bedside
- Hospital-level nurse staffing
- Readily available physicians
- Hospital resources including on-site X-ray, lab, and emergency services, IV’s therapy services and wound care
- Rehabilitative therapy services
- Data-driven quality program
- Opportunities to leave your room
- Friendly, familiar staff
- Easy parking, location close to home
- Connections to your local primary care provider
Examples of COMMON TRANSITIONAL CARE (Swing Bed) NEEDS
- Daily Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapy
- Intravenous medications
- Intensive breathing treatments
- Wound care
- A personalized plan of care
- Bedside rounding that engage you, your family and your care team to help you reach your goals
- Hospital level nurse staffing to keep you safe and meet your needs
Promotes a home-like environment accommodating family and individualized activity programs, as well as therapy in several environments
- Our on-site physician, therapy, radiology, laboratory and pharmacy teams will address all your medical needs
Our Team is especially equipped to meet the needs of even the most complex patients.
- After Complex Surgery
Cardiac, neuro, orthopedic, abdominal and more
- Wound Care
Special attention for wound healing
- Intravenous (I.V.) Antibiotics
To treat a variety of infections
- Specialized Therapy
Including physical, occupational, speech and respiratory, and an array of supportive services
How do I get more information on the Transitional Care (Swing Bed) Program?
If you have any questions or wish to have a patient or family member admitted to our program, please contact Case Management at 217-357-8520. If your need is urgent, please contact Inpatient Services at 217-357-8530.