Recover Faster Close to Home
Memorial Hospital’s cardiac rehabilitation (cardiac rehab) is a professionally supervised and designed program to help people recover from heart attacks, heart surgery and cardiac procedures such as stenting and angioplasty. Our certified program will provide you with education and counseling services to help reduce the risk of future heart problems, including heart attack.
Our cardiac rehab team provides the individualized support and attention each patient needs to recover quickly and resume a full, satisfying life. Our program is staffed by a highly skilled team of health professionals committed to safety and quality care.
Who can benefit from cardiac rehabilitation?
- Patients who have experienced a heart attack in the past 12 months
- Patients who have had open heart surgery or coronary artery bypass surgery
- Patients with stable chronic heart failure
- Patients who have had angioplasty/stenting
- Patients with stable angina
- Patients who have had a heart valve replacement
- Patients who have had a heart/lung transplant
- Patients must be referred by a physician
Will insurance cover the cost of cardiac rehabilitation?
Medicare and private insurance companies generally cover a major portion of the cost of cardiac rehabilitation. For specific questions about the extent of coverage or your copayments, please check with your insurance carrier or employment benefits manager.
What if I need a ride to Memorial Hospital?
Many of our patients utilize the Hancock County Public Transportation System for rides.
How do I reach the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program?
Call 217-357-8650. Both pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation are located in the Memorial Medical Building, 1450 N. County Road 2050, Carthage, Illinois.