Medicare preventive visit and yearly wellness exams
Annual chance to discuss your plan of preventive care with your provider.
“Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit
This visit is available within the first 12 months of enrolling in Medicare Part B. It includes a review of your medical and social history related to your health and education and counseling about preventive services, including certain screenings, shots, and referrals for other care, if needed. Your provider will ask you to fill out a Health Risk Assessment. Answering these questions can help you and your provider develop a plan to stay healthy and get the most out of your visit.
Your care team will complete or offer:
- Height, weight, and blood pressure measurements
- Your body mass index
- A simple eye test
- A review of your risk for depression and your level of safety
- To talk with you about making advance directives
- A written plan letting you know which screenings, shots, and other preventive services you need
- Details about coverage for screenings, shots, and other preventive services
This visit is covered one time. You don’t need to have this visit to be covered for yearly wellness visits.
Yearly wellness visits
If you’ve had Medicare Part B for more than 12 months, you can schedule this visit to create or update a personalized prevention help plan. This plan is based on your current health and risk factors to prevent disease and disability. Your provider will ask you to fill out a Health Risk Assessment. Answering these questions can help you and your provider develop a plan to stay healthy and get the
most out of your visit.
Your care team will provide or offer:
- A review of your medical and family history
- A list of current providers and medicines
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Discuss any memory issues
- Personal health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- A screening guide for right preventive services
- Details about coverage for preventive services
This visit is covered once every 12 months.