Sunday- Slow Cooker Ground Meat Italian Soup
“I love to use my crockpot on Sundays; while I am cleaning house and catching up on laundry, set it and forget it! This is a great winter recipe to start the week off right. I always freeze leftovers for an additional meal within the month.”
Yields: 10 serving
- 3 medium carrots – sliced
- 2 ribs celery -sliced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb lean ground meat of choice
- 32 oz beef broth – (reduced sodium)
- 2 cups water
- 2 (15 oz each) cans diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 3/4 cup dry ditalini pasta
- 3-5 oz fresh baby spinach
- sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- To a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add carrots, celery, onion, Italian seasoning, black pepper, bay leaf, ground meat, broth, water, and canned tomatoes.
- Stir to combine, cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, until vegetables are tender and flavors are combined.
- Stir in ditalini pasta, cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, until pasta is tender. Remove bay leaf and stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve hot, with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired
Monday- Sheet Pan Parmesan Crusted Salmon with Broccoli
“Fatty fish like salmon has so many health benefits! One reason why I love it is because it cooks super fast! Fish meals make for a fast, delish, and healthy meal!”
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 1/4 lbs broccoli crowns (16 oz frozen bag)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup slightly packed finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or baking mat. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place broccoli in a mound in center of baking sheet. Pour olive oil over broccoli along with garlic and toss to evenly coat.
- Season with pepper to taste and spread near edges of baking sheet, leaving enough space in center to fit salmon fillets.
- Season bottom of salmon with pepper and place salmon in center of baking sheet, leaving about 3/4-inch between fillets so they can evenly cook.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic and brush about 1/2 Tbsp over each fillet.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together parmesan, bread crumbs, parsley, and thyme, then drizzle 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil into bowl and stir with a fork until evenly moistened. Spread parmesan mixture evenly over tops of salmon fillets.
- Bake in preheated oven until salmon fillets have cooked through, about 12 – 15 minutes
Tuesday- Southwest Chicken & Rice Foil Packs
“One of my all time favorite recipes! So filling and loaded with color.”
Yields: 3 Packs
- 3 4 oz chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 cup quick brown rice or white
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning 1 packet
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup onion sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime cut into wedges optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with 3 sheets of foil (about 6-8 inches) and set aside.
- Combine the brown rice, water and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning in a medium bowl and soak for 5 minutes. Divide rice (and it’s water) into 3 sheets of foil.
- Pound chicken with a meat tenderizer or a rolling-pin until they are even. Seasoning each chicken breast generously with the reaming taco seasoning. Place the chicken on the rice. Top each chicken with a few tablespoons of salsa and a sprinkle of cheese. Add the veggies and beans on the sides of the chicken. Drizzle each packet with olive oil and fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on each packet, garnish with cilantro and sour-cream if desired and serve.
Wednesday- Spinach Feta Burgers
“We love burgers and adding spinach is a great way to increase the fiber content! Also, I try to pair recipes with similar ingredients for the week! Fresh spinach was also an ingredient in our soup from Sunday night!”
Yield: 4 burgers
- 1egg, beaten
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 5 ounces chopped spinach
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, lean beef, deer)
- Preheat skillet and spray with cooking spray. You can also preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat or cook in the oven
- While preheating, mix together egg, feta cheese, spinach, and meat in a large bowl until well combined; form into 4 patties.
- Cook on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.
“Midweek is always a good time to plan to use leftovers!”
Friday- Homemade Pizza
“Any easy homemade pizza crust can be topped with some of your favorite toppings! Don’t forget to load your pizza up with veggies or serve pizza with a side salad or veggie plate.”
Yields: 2-3 personal crusts or 1 large crust
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (white, whole wheat or half & half)
- 1 package of rapid rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¾ to 1 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a large bowl, combined all ingredients. Once combined turn onto a flour counter. Knead until a ball forms about 3-4 minutes
- Oil a large bowl and place ball in it.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled
- Form desired about of pizza crust with dough
- Add pizza sauce and top with favorite toppings
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic
- ¼ crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Combine all ingredients together
Saturday- Boneless Pork Chop and Veggie Sheet
“This is a very easy recipe for a Saturday night. Also, fresh or frozen veggies work great for this recipe, so use what you have on hand!”
3-4 cups small potatoes or chopped potatoes
3-4 cups green beans, trimmed and cleaned
2 lbs. boneless thin cut pork chops
Seasoning blend of choice
Brush one large or two small rimmed baking sheets with olive oil.
Toss potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, and pepper. Add them to a section of the pan.
Toss green beans with a drizzle of olive oil, and pepper. Add them to a section of the pan.
Brush pork chops with olive oil and place in the remaining space on the pan. Sprinkle chops with seasoning.
Place pan in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until meat is cooked through and potatoes are tender.